We are looking to recruit a talented Project Manager from a Wealth Management/Financial Services background, you will be reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, the role of the Project Manager will involve working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Project Manager to initiate, plan, manage and implement change programmes required to support the business strategy of the firm.
- To work with COO, Senior Project Manager and business heads to identify change management projects that support operational or corporate strategy and associated deliverables.
- To help the Senior Project Manager manage and maintain the firm’s wish list and establish a business case for proposed projects by documenting
- Key benefits of the project(s)
- Financial costs and benefits of the project(s)
- Key stakeholders impacted or to be engaged to support the project(s)
- Internal and external resources required to support the projects(s)
- Timescales and milestones required to complete the project(s)
- To manage and support the successful completion of projects to ensure they operate within the risk and regulatory framework of the firm and are delivered on time and on budget.
- To ensure projects are conducted in a consistent manner and maintain appropriate including task lists, issue lists, decision logs, risk registers, projects plans etc. documentation as agreed with the COO / Senior Project Manager.
- To agree an appropriate communication strategy with the COO and / or Senior Project Manager, and stakeholders to ensure all relevant parties are kept informed of the progress made in relation to individual projects and the firms overall change programme.
- To escalate, in a timely and professional manner, issues & concerns which are creating project blockages or delays to the Senior Project Manager and project steering committee members.
- To identify and legislate for training and development needs related to changes which have been implemented and help co-ordinate deployment.
- To manage and document appropriate handover processes generating / co-ordinating the generation of any relevant documentation required to ensure the business areas take over and take responsibility for newly implemented changes.
- To manage post implementation processes and generate documentation detailing lessons learnt and the short medium and long-term effectiveness of changes implemented.
- Able to confidently deal with complexity in a changing working environment and can flex changes to respond to business, financial or regulatory priorities.
- Able to identify and communicate benefits and challenges of change management projects.
- Credibility and impact with other individuals; adept at using influence and persuasion to gain buy-in to enable change to happen through others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (including presentation) skills and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Strong people management, decision-making and organisational skills and a high awareness of the project and programme context and discipline.
- Is time and budget sensitive, operates within constraints set by the firm and external environment.
- Is adept at co-ordinating and managing internal stakeholders at both firm and group level.
- Is adept at managing outsourced service providers and holding them to account in respect of any service agreements.
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects of an implementation.
- Dedicated and self-motivated.
- Ability to define and structure complex problems and evaluate new concepts and ideas and identify sound and cost effective recommendations and solutions.
- An awareness of and ability to use accredited change / project management methodology as required.
- Proven change and project management skills and fully competent at planning, risk management, and dependency-management.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, Word)