Software Project ManagerGD417
Software Project Manager
Full Time, Permanent
£30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
About the role
My Client, part of a network of world-leading centres set up by the government to transform the UK’s capability for energy innovation. To meet the UK’s ambitious energy and climate change goals, major transformation of the energy infrastructure will be required.
To assist in this, they are looking for a project manager to join their team to project manage a software development project for a whole systems analysis tool alongside a project developing tools and techniques to promote and facilitate systems architecture. The role is project management focused, with emphasis on Stakeholder Management and engagement, technical experience is required, but not at coding level.
- The candidate will be required to manage an agile development team to deliver documented software of a whole system analysis tool alongside systems architecture capabilities
- The candidate will need to use their knowledge and experience to support all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- The candidate will produce project, sprint and release plans, review Intellectual Property, Data Protection, license compliance and Quality Assurance of the tool and 3rd party software.
- The candidate will implement software development and change management processes.
- The candidate will work closely with the Asset Lead in managing scope and deliverables of both projects.
- The candidate will ensure the tools and processes developed are appropriate for use by sponsoring stakeholders.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for project managing delivery of a software tool and the process for bringing systems engineering techniques into the energy sector.
- Create project and sprint plans
- Support development team and remove impediments to progress
- Brainstorming with the team on project plans and executions, then taking responsibility for delivery
- Tracks project progress and presents clear progress reports
- Review project costs, invoices; generate and execute purchase orders as required
- Engage with stakeholders and external partners
- Support capability lead with all PM activities (supporting 15-20 FTEs and approx. 8 assets)
- Author bids and proposals; seeking new funding opportunities
- Manage complete project budgets, circa £3M
- Develop asset / capability business plans and road maps in conjunction with asset leads and product managers
Skills and experience
- Proven experience of managing engineering projects
- Proven project management skills covering planning, monitoring and control, change management and delivery.
- Proven experience of using the Agile methodology
- Project Management certification – Agile PM/PMP/Prince 2
- Energy sector background is desirable but not essential
STEM related degree.
- Taking ownership of work and managing this effectively and efficiently
- Supportive, positive and constructive approach in relation to your interactions with colleagues and external organisations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Conceptualising new ideas, thinking differently and encouraging a creative culture
- Ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational environment.
- Persuasive and approachable you can successfully manage relations with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Open to change and adapts well to setbacks or pressurised situations