Full Time, Permanent
£70,000 Per Annum
Our client, an industry leader, who is an expert provider of origination and servicing software solutions for banks, building societies and specialist lenders throughout the UK and Europe, is looking to add additional Project Management Resources to their rapidly growing team.
Their software solutions span across residential and commercial mortgages, personal loans, equity release and savings and they are driven by a desire to maximise operational efficiency and drive down costs across the sector through the innovative use of technology.
We are looking for high-calibre candidates: self-starters who are confident in client-facing roles. You are passionate about delivering outstanding client outcomes through delivering quality software and services.
You will be aligned to industry sector domains (such as Building Societies, Banks, Equity Release) in order to create greater value for our clients who want expertise of their sector’s business and technology needs. Your role is to work with the client to accelerate achievement of their business goals by leading the project team and successfully delivering the software solution.
- As a Project Manager, your mission is to collaborate with the client through the project lifecycle in cross-functional teams. This involves:
- Working with the programme manager to structure and allocate people to projects
- Leading the team and pace of the project
- Partnering with our clients to take them through the delivery lifecycle
- Working with our clients to establish an agreed way of working and ‘one-team’ mind-set
- Working with cross functional teams to develop delivery plans, costs and estimates
- Setting up project governance and ensuring project delivery excellence
- Setting priorities, on-boarding and coordinating the team to deliver to plan and budget, and build delivery confidence
- Managing key stakeholders, reporting project status and progress as well as supporting accurate invoicing
- Alongside your client-facing role, you will play an active role in developing our business. In order to deliver the best products and services to our clients, we need to continually refine and
- improve our delivery processes, training and knowledge using the latest industry tools and techniques.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience
We are looking for a range of experience, candidates need to demonstrate these across one or more of the following:
- Can-do attitude – ability to quickly pick up and use new programme management, project delivery, product and technology skills
- Smarts – rapidly understand our client’s business and our team’s resolve challenges and issues. You will also have a depth and breadth of experience across a variety of roles and several companies
- Client-facing experience – build lasting client relationships, be personal, credible and engage our clients with gravitas and integrity
- Clear communication skills – our clients and teams need clear direction; precise succinct and jargon-free
- Project management experience – proven experience of the end to end package software delivery lifecycle for small projects (team size of c. 5 – 20) including:
Championing pragmatic project discipline to reduce delivery risk and to accelerate timelines (this includes setting up project governance, managing to an agreed scope, clear sign offs and gateways, identifying and mitigating project risks)
- RFI / RFP support to review the proposed solution and lead the inception of the next phase of work
- Accelerating project mobilisation – working with the client to understand their challenge, how best to approach it and organise a team to deliver it
- Managing the project definition phase – with the client and a cross functional team create a delivery plan, estimation
- Navigating project challenges – demonstrating how you build delivery confidence and how you have managed the project in a pressured client-facing environment
- Managing on shore / offshore delivery – working alongside the Technical Lead, work with our offshore partners to manage development and deployments
- Transitioning project delivery into Warranty and Production support