IT Project ManagerGD426
IT Project Manager
Contract, Full Time
£36,000 - £48,000 P/A
Purpose of the role
The primary purpose of the role is to manage one or more technology projects through initiation, delivery and closure phases; ensuring the project is delivered to the agreed schedule, budget and quality. You will take over the management of existing projects, including the implementation of a financial consolidation and reporting tool; as well as managing new projects as required.
- Project Management
- The day-to-day application of Project Management (PM) methods and practices to support the delivery of the Information Services (IS) portfolio of projects and programmes, in accordance with defined delivery and quality standards.
- Active engagement and liaison with IS Governance,
- The creation, approval and management of milestone/deliverable focused projects plans.
- The planning, approval and management of realistic delivery estimates based on a combination of experience, negotiation with delivery teams and empirical statistics.
- Proactive identification and management of inter-project and intra-project dependencies.
- Liaison with Programme Managers, Senior Project managers, peers and appropriate stakeholders and governance bodies to find resolutions to dependency conflicts across projects.
- Liaison with IS and Supplier resource owners to secure the appropriate skills and resource availability required to fulfil successful execution of project plans.
- The day-to-day execution of project plans through leading and directing the allocated team members.
- The day-to-day monitoring and control of project progress to ensure delivery remains in-line with defined scope, cost, quality and resource allocations.
- Proactive identification, analysis, management and escalation of Risks and Issues.
- Project Management (continued)
- The identification and engagement of key IS and 3rd party stakeholders.
- The creation and maintenance of PM documentation throughout the end-to-end life cycle of projects, in accordance with defined quality standards
- The periodic creation, distribution and presentation of status reports, as defined within with the Communications Plan
- Ensuring all documentation and PM deliverables are maintained in accordance with defined configuration management standards
- Proactive engagement and management of 3rd parties.
Education & qualifications
- PRINCE2 or APMP/PMQ certification
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of key project management principles and techniques
- Experience of utilising waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrable experience managing and delivering projects on time and budget and to required quality criteria throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Strong background in technology projects
- Experience of negotiating contracts with and managing third parties
- Solid experience in business change initiatives and IT-enabled business change
- Experience managing large project budgets and complex schedules
- Commercial acumen
- Accustomed to working closely with business stakeholders
- Expertise using MS Project
- Experience delivering projects within shared service functions, e.g. Finance, Legal, HR, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and to create high-performing teams
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple conflicting demands