Full Time, Permanent
£28,000 - £30,000 P/A + Benefits
My client a hugely successful public/private partnership in the Midlands is looking to add a PMO Analyst to their team, the role will offer the successful candidate the platform to enhance and grow their PMO skillset and establish a career path within an established, yet growing PMO.
The Role and Function:
- To provide Programme Office support to the organisation reporting into the Delivery (Programme) Director.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Programme Management Information System (PMIS) (Verto) and become a super user providing guidance to other users of the system.
- To apply project management methodologies to the process of project initialisation, appraisal and deployment to ensure the PMIS (Verto) is updated consistently.
- To provide guidance in project management tools and techniques to those tasks with project delivery and support the Head of PMO in performing Project Assurance on behalf of the organisation.
- To work across all themes of the Strategic Economic Plan i.e. Business, People, Place.
- To become an ambassador and champion of the Black Country and the potential of what it has to offer.
Key Responsibilities Project Analysis
- Ensure timely receipt of project status information form Project managers and that the PMIS (Verto) is kept accurate and up to date.
- Maintain the PMIS (Verto) to facilitate progress monitoring and reporting for organisation projects. Analysis of project data, including schedule, cost, resource, risk, issue and change information. Escalate or highlight identified project performance concerns with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant performance information and spend is provided to the relevant groups (or alternative) and the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU Team) to support progress monitoring and ensure transparency and accountability.
- Support the EIU team in ensuring that database system (Smartsheets) is maintained and up to date. This supports the PMO pipeline of projects and relevant programme dashboards.
Leadership and Change Management
- Actively promote project management processes tools and solutions.
- Where appropriate, embed the Programme Office project management, risk management, appraisal and monitoring processes and tools.
- Analyse and assess project performance, capacity and demand data to inform changes in project plans against approved baselines.
- Provide project management subject matter expertise to internal colleagues and the wider partner community, providing guidance and mentoring as required to help ensure compliance with defined project management methodology, governance and standard
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Assist develop and implement the Programme Office Communications Plan ensuring all stakeholders receive appropriate and timely updates on project status.
Assist ensure final project reports and subsequent recommendations are completed and data is entered on the PMIS.
- The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter who is confident and self-assured. The role requires someone who is flexible and embraces change. Team work is key as well as a natural desire to learn and develop.
Contacts – Internal and External
- Senior Corporate Board Directors within Local Authorities, Government Departments – nationally, regionally and locally. Economic Regeneration organisations – intermediaries and charitable
- Lottery Distributors and government Quangos
- Business – local and national. Medium to large private sector organisations. Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Voluntary Sector Clubs and Organisations
- LEP and CSP Board Members
- Area Growth Hub