Full Time, Permanent
£65,000 P/A + Benefits
Global investment business with a multi-billion dollar portfolio of assets including oil & gas field services, is looking to add a permanent project manager to their growing team of professionals in London.
As a Project Manager on the commercial team, you will typically work on a variety of live transactions. A dynamic individual, who can demonstrate strong technical aptitude with a proven record of managing large-scaled infrastructure projects. You should be able to demonstrate that you are reliable, proactive, flexible and have the organisational skills to manage various deadlines, technical requirements, etc., while also tracking third-party responsibilities and deadlines. Additionally, you will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate that you can build a rapport with stakeholders and provide excellent support to our commercial team both by understanding the deal structure and providing input when required.
Your responsibilities start once the commercial team has finalised legal negotiations and the project has moved to the execution fulfilment phase. However, your involvement in the project would begin much earlier and you would be expected to be present during legal negotiations to ensure you have a full grasp of all the dynamics of the entire project. Further, for projects where we maintain an equity stake you are also expected to maintain, update and collate monthly reporting on both operations and finance.
You will report directly to one of the managing directors and will be expected to manage your responsibilities independently.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with developers and teams, customers and suppliers to make sure projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget according to priority,
- Assisting in developing forecasts to best manage project resources and manage the planning of projects while overseeing the delivery of all plans.
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and objective involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Report and escalate problems efficiently and concisely with management
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-8 years’ experience in a relevant / similar role – ideally already have experience working on oil & gas and power projects
- Strong organisational skills including attention to details and multitasking
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Bonus: Ability to conduct business in Arabic, Russian or Portuguese
- Strong analytical skills – advanced proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint and any project management software is required
- Excellent oral and written skills – you have strong communication skills and know your audience.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions under pressure
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to delegate efficiently and lead and motivate a team
- Technical engineering knowledge on oil/gas infrastructure including pipelines, processing facilities and oil & oil product terminals
Qualities & Values
- You are passionate about your work, are keen gaining new experience and strive to continually learn
- You operate like an owner and apply a pro-active work ethic – finding, proposing and executing solutions when faced with challenges
- You enjoy working with a high-performance team where expectations match our ambitions
- You have the ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- You have a strong work ethic and are committed to the delivery of the highest quality of work with an attention for detail
- You have an analytical mind and are organised, process and results driven
- You focus on practicality, can think commercially and are not interested in face time, hype or buzzwords
- You are passionate about making a real difference and support the success of your peers