Project Manager DigitalGD433
Project Manager Digital
Full Time, Permanent
£55,000 P/A + Benefits
The successful candidate will take responsibility for specific projects within the organisation. The project portfolio is diverse and includes technology, commercial market and business value proposition development activities in the context of multi energy vector solutions. The Digital department develops IoT solutions through both its own team of Systems Development and trusted 3rd parties.
Key Work Activities
- Hold full accountability for project scope, quality, time and cost of Digital (IoT) projects across the portfolio.
- Integrate the work of Solution Architects (SA) and Technical Leaders (TL) into appropriate business cases and project plans.
- Transform the input from the SA, TL, BA, internal clients and stakeholders into realistic project plans. Examples of this will be requested at the interview.
- Be responsible for all stages of project development: project estimations, business case, initiation, planning, design & building, testing, deployment and exploitation.
- Coordinate the delivery of the PMs under his/her lead, integrating feedback from different work packages into one consolidated report.
- Report to Senior Management on a monthly basis with succinct and executive content.
- Report to the Delivery and Operations Manager on project progress, budget, issues, risks and strategic insights on weekly basis
- Forecast and monitoring the cost, schedule and resources participating on his/her projects
- Organise and present the relevant Stage Gates events with key stakeholders and clients.
- Create, along with Legal and Procurement colleagues, successful Calls for Tender to develop digital solutions: i.e. Software, APIs and Data Management Systems.
- Hold accountability for the successful delivery of the tenders by managing the supply chain.
- Deploy the digital solutions developed by either suppliers and internal team.
- Be responsible for project compliance with Health and Safety, Data Protection, and intellectual property.
Road Map Management
- Collaborate with the Product Managers in the creation of business cases for future projects.
- Build stakeholder relations within the Organisation Platforms by elaborating commercial bids and project plan estimations (Rough Order of Magnitude).
- Develop project opportunities, working with colleagues to define scope and requirements, build consortia, develop bids and initiate resulting projects.
- Build stakeholder relations within the energy sector as appropriate to support all phases of project development and delivery.
- Other Activities
- Mentor and coach other project managers and scrum masters.
- Deputy the Delivery & Operations Manager in case of absence.
- What credentials are we ideally looking for?
- The successful candidate will typically be an engineer or equivalent coming from a highly innovative project environment, such as New Product Development or development of Software Solutions.
- You will be accustomed to gathering input from Solution and SW Architects, clients and technical leaders and transforming them into projects plans which you will manage and deploy, whilst leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional Waterfall Project Management Qualification (Prince2 Practitioner or PMP)
- Agile Qualification (DSDM Practitioner or equivalent)
- STEM related degree
- Proven track record of successfully development of digital solutions (i.e. Software development, hardware development, digital transformation).
- Proven experience working closely with Solution Architects, Software Architects and Technical Leaders at early stages of projects, transforming very high-level concepts with high doses of uncertainty, into project plans.
- Proven experience in managing projects following both Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Proven experience in successfully managing projects with an exceptional high level of uncertainty.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects in an innovation environment with both technical and commercial content.
- Proven track record of managing Scrum (not as a Scrum Master necessarily but as an Agile PM or equivalent)
- Experience leading collaborative co-development projects comprised of internal staff, consultants, external contractors, public and private sector partners and clients.
- It is a crucial that the candidate is comfortable managing projects with very high levels of uncertainty.
- Proven ability to manage relationships between organisations with different priorities and find ways forward that all parties are content with.
- Be comfortable with the hands-on work and flexibility required in a small team.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational environment.
- Excellent IT skills, to include MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel. Jira, Scrum and Kanban are highly appreciated.
- Willing and able to travel around the UK (and potentially overseas in due course) as required.
- Experience in Product Development would be a great advantage. Similarly, experience in developing consumer services would be an advantage.
- Experience in managing projects of implementing new smart electronics systems and/or new technology introduction.
- Experience managing field trials in complex and multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience in the energy sector and an understanding of the challenges of decarbonising the energy system.
- Experience of managing Data Transfer and Data Science teams would also be an advantage.
- Experience of working with public sector partners and an appreciation of how these organisations work, their motivation and constraints.
- Experience in bid management, including bid writing (particularly for UK Government and European funding calls).