Full Time, Permanent
£65,000 - £85,000 P/A + Benefits
Our client, a software solutions business based in Buckinghamshire is looking to add additional project management resources to their rapidly expanding team, the role offers flexible working and the opportunity to work with leading edge software design making a significant difference in a variety of sectors. The role/s offer excellent career progression and the opportunity to shape the direction of the business going forward.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and execution of customers’ implementation projects and for their successful delivery. You’ll be a pro-active project manager who is able to provide commercial success for our projects that ensures profitability as well as adding real value and retaining our customer portfolio.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A relevant degree or equivalent level of education
- Prince2 practitioner or equivalent project management qualification
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, including the delivery of transformation projects and the commercial management of projects
- Experience of technical software implementation projects and a specialist in financial / commercial software systems
- Willing to travel to customer locations throughout the UK
- Delivering commercially successful projects to a high standard will inspire you.
- You will want to be part of something special and contribute to the success of the team.
- You will be a passionate individual who has the ability to manage and influence others, including strong personalities in our customer organisations
- You will be articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to build rapport fast.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to manage a high number of customer projects and services without compromising on quality, with good time management and the ability to prioritise
- Calm and objective, including when working under pressure, with the ability to provide direction.
- Highly accurate with excellent attention to detail and data management skills
- Self-motivated, commercially minded and confident in using systems and data for analysis and reporting
- Strives for high standard of professionalism, focused on quality in all aspects of project delivery, ensuring that the business is represented professionally
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to find innovative solutions.
- Tenacious, highly energised, passionate and committed, determined to achieve amazing results and make an impact, delivering to high standards and delighting customers
- Willingness to continuously develop own knowledge and skills and share knowledge with colleagues for the benefit of customers and the organisation.
Project Management and Delivery
- You’ll be responsible for defining, planning, monitoring, controlling and delivering assigned customer projects for the business unit, ensuring that project success criteria is achieved, and the customer has a positive experience with the business
- You’ll ensure that a thorough and successful handover of new projects from sales so that all project success criteria and expectations are noted, risks and issues flagged, and project specific requirements captured.
- You’ll be responsible for identifying project success criteria and managing progress against the criteria
- You’ll be responsible for managing process compliance, project scope, project controls, project risk, project governance, documentation and change control on all projects
- You’ll have day to day financial accountability for the projects
- You’ll be responsible for managing and responding to any customer issues arising from projects, to ensure that all problems are resolved
- You’ll be responsible for project monitoring and reporting to the business to ensure understanding and awareness of project progress
- You’ll have a professional but friendly communication style and ensure that accurate and well communicated responses are provided to all queries
- You’ll be responsible for timely and accurate forecasting and reporting of projects
- You’ll build positive relationships with customers, aiming to build confidence and delight them
- You’ll manage and liaise with all stakeholders and teams involved in the project to ensure project success.
- You’ll be responsible for carrying out project reviews to evaluate customer success and identify areas for improvement