Managing Director/Project ManagerGD436
Managing Director/Project Manager
Contract, Full Time
Wellingtone PPM Recruitment is delighted to be assisting the charity Steel Warriors in the recruitment of a Managing Director/Project Manager to help them continue the excellent work they are doing to tackle knife crime.
About Steel Warriors:
Steel Warriors is a London based charity tackling knife crime in the UK. They melt down knives taken off the street and recycle them into free outdoor calisthenics gyms. These gyms not only look to ignite conversations in local communities about knife crime, they also stand to give young people a free facility where they can gain more physical confidence.
Steel Warriors have so far reached over 800m people with the launch of their charity and have received support from a range of influential people like boxer Anthony Joshua and businesses across the construction sector as well as Sky and Co-op. Steel Warriors have big and exciting plans for the future and are looking for the right person to manage the realisation of those ambitions and lead a growing team of staff and manage a growing team of stakeholders going forwards.
Experience and qualifications needed:
This candidate must be an experienced Project Manager, with the ability to work at a strategic and at an operational level to execute the production and installation of gyms across a number of sites and to manage a growing team as well as pro-bono partners.
The candidate must have a deep interest in the charitable sector, social action and the growing issue of knife crime in the UK. The candidate must be a strong people’s person and good at securing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
Key requirements include:
- Degree educated with relevant post graduate experience in project management with circa 4 years of experience;
- Experience in the tendering and procurement of construction projects; – Experience in managing and motivating teams.
- Experience in production processes and the execution and administration of these. – Experience in working with multiple clients at the same time.
Key features of the Job:
The Job is varied in nature and the candidate must be open to supporting the charity’s activities across a wide range of different areas. The nature of the role may change depending on the pressure points of the project.
- To develop and update the overall Steel Warriors strategy and plan.
- Take an active interest and involvement in the growing issue of knife crime.
- Oversee and manage the overall delivery of over 20 gyms across the UK by 2022.
- Manage a wide number of partners and internal team members to ensure the delivery of the project against tight timelines.
- Build visions and road maps for viable programmes that are built around a wide number of paying and pro-bono partners going forwards.
- Set up risk mitigation strategies and insurance.
- Sustain, develop and manage (with our founder) personal relationships with key stakeholders: Board of Trustees, Advisory Board, pro-bono supporters, big funders, public donors, contractors and local councils.
- Develop new relationships with pro-bono partners.
- Support the founders as the main public faces of the organisation.
- Procure the relevant work packages and/or contractor to construct each gym
- Collate and administer the contracts for each of the gyms
- Create budget forecasts for approval and track and forecast the cost vs income. Liaise with accountants in the financial performance of the charity.
- Oversee the day to day running of the organisation and all employees.
- On-board employees and handle management matters.
- Arrange and plan charity Advisory Board meetings and provide relevant reports to advise the Advisory Board and Board of Trustees.
As Managing Director, you will take direction from our founders and trustees. You will be guided by them yet take initiative. You will check in with our trustees regularly and provide them with clear updates and progress reports.
This role will also involve working closely with and managing our growing team.
- Drive, enthusiasm.
- A keen and effective networker.
- A natural work ethic and consistent worker.
- Key problem-solving mentality and excellent sense of initiative.
- Strong interest in the issue of knife crime and charity work.
- Exceptional management skills.
- Interpersonal strengths: sustaining range of relationships, working effectively with all team members.
- Openness to take direction and enthusiasm to listen and execute.
- Ability to lead and plan grand visions.
- First class oral and written communication skills.
- Sufficient IT and organisational skills and familiarity with Project Management software.
- Sufficient comfort with numbers and money to be on top of the finances inclusive of cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.