Junior Project ManagerGD437
Junior Project Manager
Full Time, Permanent
£40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Industry innovator in the pharmaceutical space is looking to add a Junior Project Manager to their growing team. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with a business at the top of its game and leading the field in new technology development.
You will manage projects, ranging from the development of new manufacturing processes to modifications of device platforms to suit customer needs. Project teams are generally small, and this is an important role that works closely with operations staff, project teams and customers.
General responsibilities include leading small projects, assessing project risks and priorities, developing and executing project plans. In addition, the role includes elements of supporting department teams to plan and deliver work packages associated with customer programmes.
Overview of Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages departments projects that support customer programmes
- Manage business capability development projects including document management systems and the GMP readiness projects.
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Plans and executes projects based on project scope and objectives
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Works with project teams to gather and analyse high level requirements
- Develops a detailed project plan and monitors progress.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Reports and escalates to management as needed
- Manages the relationship with the project team and all stakeholders
- Performs risk management to minimise project risks
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors
- Creates and maintains project documentation
Communication internal & external
- Liaise with all internal functions and personnel
- Interface with customers
- Manage external suppliers
- Present to appropriate business and technical audiences as necessary
Experience/Skills needed to fulfil the role
- 3-5 years in a project planning / project management role
- Has pharmaceutical product development experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, or Project Online
- High level analytical and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Willingness to travel
- Degree in a life science or engineering subject
- APM Qualification or PRINCE2 desirable