Project Manager PCI-DSSGD438
Project Manager PCI-DSS
Contract, Full Time
£500 Per Day
A leading global hospitality business requires a PCI DSS Compliance Project Manager for an urgent remediation project involving their UK hotel operation units and central and overseas functional management. The roadmap and goal of the project is already defined, and some initial steps have been taken. The Interim Project Manager is required to ensure that the project is formally planned and documented and then delivered by a specified deadline.
The project will consist of a number of phases, with the initial start point being an “As Is – To Be” review consisting of 10 days + 2 days for report production and delivery. It is estimated that the delivery of the project will be approximately 6 months as a minimum, however further extensions may be required.
The Project Manager will take the lead and liaise with all relevant parts of the business for this project, including vendors/advisors and several key Senior Stakeholders and provide targeted hands on assistance to the teams to help meet stage deadlines. In this role you will have full responsibility for delivering the overall compliance project within which will be contained a number of smaller projects required to be completed to deliver the whole. A QSA is already engaged to provide some technical understanding, support and expert advice.
Role – Key focus
- Gather, understand, document and communicate requirements;
- Utilise the existing roadmap and work done to date to formalise the Project Plan, identifying risks, dependencies and resource requirements;
- Drive the implementation of the Project Plan;
- Ensure solutions meet business and compliance requirements;
- Maintain project logs (roadmap is already provided by QSA) including risks and issues, assumptions and decisions – managing and escalating as appropriate;
- Manage project resources;
- Manage project change requests and any scope creep;
- Ensure governance, planning and tracking is in place to successfully deliver the project;
- Regularly report on project progress internally and communicate appropriately with all stakeholders;
- Develop a plan of project validation and present test results for QSA assessment throughout the life of the project.
- Experience in project management and the delivery of projects. Project Management experience (PRINCE 2 or similar essential);
- Ability to produce a project plan using MS Project or similar application;
- Ability to deliver project plans in a jargon free manner, similarly when using the project management methodology;
- Have some working knowledge of PCI DSS (though not to expert level as QSA support will be available);
- Understand infrastructure architecture, design and how it relates to PCI scope;
- Experience in assisting firms achieve PCI compliance is desirable;
- Experience of working in the hospitality industry, or good knowledge of how it operates, also beneficial;
- Applied technical understanding and ability to apply logical thinking;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (including presentation skills);
- High level of energy, passion and drive that is required to continually drive the project forward;
- Ability to make the complicated simple (both in terms of project management approach being adopted and the steps therein);
- Ability to build excellent relationships in a collaborative way both internally and externally;
- Degree level qualification desirable;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications