Contract, Full Time
PMO, Project Management
£800 - £850 Per Day | An additional £5K is available for T&S
Portfolio Management across a full spectrum of digital programmes and projects delivering digital outcomes that enable current and future digital-based capabilities supporting Navy Command Digital and IT, MoD, HM Government and national security outputs.
About the work
This role will integrate with the Navy Command Digital and IT team to deliver outcomes. You will provide digital portfolio and resource management for current and future programmes and projects approved by the Authority to deliver information effects in the maritime environment including business and operational maritime network architecture, bearer systems, IT systems and applications including those for Command and Control (C2) computers, communications, cyber, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C5ISR). All aspects of ICT and associated financial governance, financial budgeting and planning, non-financial resource planning, engineering compliance, information assurance, change management and ICT security as applied to Naval and maritime data and information systems are in scope.
The Portfolio Manager will be working in a team with stakeholders from within Navy Command, MoD, and other government departments to deliver capability outcomes in support of Navy, MoD and HMG national objectives.
Skills and experience
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in resourcing the delivery of C5ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of MoD structures and policies as they relate to the digital and information outcomes in the maritime domain.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting in relation to digital and information requirements using the Annual Budgeting Cycle (ABC) methodology.
- Experience of in-year delivery of high value (£70-90m+) ICT based multi-disciplinary digital portfolio.
- Contribute to and deliver High-Level Design (HLD) solutions for digital outcomes ensuring that all relevant lines of development are funded and deliverable.
- Experience of maritime warfare and operations and the interdependence on information and digital services and outcomes delivering operational effects.
- Experience developing and defining digital, information and cloud-based requirements to enable naval and maritime outcomes through commercial MoD and government framework interaction.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of MoD standards for ICT, information security, digital design, delivery, compliance, safety, maritime integration and operations.
- Experienced in military and maritime commercial satellite communications requirements, operations, planning, funding approvals and cost management processes.
- Experienced in the management of UK maritime radio licensing, OFCOM, regulations and relationship management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ITU Radio Regulations for maritime mobile services and SOLAS/GMDSS requirements for the maritime environment.
- Experience in the provision and management of global maritime communications services.
- Ability to understand the complex user and operational issues and provide options for resolution across a multi-stakeholder digital-based environment spanning MOD, PAGs, and international partners.
- Experience in MDA systems and operation, their world-wide exploitation and use by HMG departments, international civil and military partners, and inter-governmental organisations.
- Demonstrate understanding of HMG maritime security strategy and policy.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent Maritime stakeholder interests at national and international meetings/forums where exploitation of information and data is discussed.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in the preparation and operation of commercial frameworks for the provision of cloud services, digital outcomes, specialists and technical products and services.
- Experience developing and translating digital outcomes and structuring as requirements for costing, contracting, delivering, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrate knowledge in costing and cost management of data and information services and analysing outcomes to structure for efficiency.
- An understanding of maritime digital capability development, delivery and resourcing of Information Exchange Requirements (IER) as part of generating naval ships, platforms and organisational elements for operations.
- Proficiency in drafting international Memorandum of Understandings to underpin national agreements on digital information sharing and international collaboration.
- Experience resourcing and managing teams delivering digital maritime ICT outcomes as a Technical Manager.
- Demonstrate skill in the production of reports, project reviews, business cases, investment appraisals and other written submissions iaw a recognised industry/HMG standards.
- Knowledge of change management at the organizational level.
- Experienced in formulating innovative and affordable ICT support solutions focused on solving maritime operational and business challenges.
- Possess an understanding of Naval personnel manpower structures and experience of workforce change management.
- Experience in the installation, interfacing, commissioning and testing of digital ICT systems in a maritime environment.
- Experienced delivering outcomes in maritime operational environments worldwide.