Full Time, Permanent
£45,000 Per Annum
Our client is a leading higher education institution in the West Midlands, they are looking to add a project manager to their technical team to ensure an ambitious new approach to buildings and space is maximised to the fullest potential. The role will start on a fixed-term contract basis (FTC), however, the desire is to make the role permanent in the mid to longer-term.
The institution wishes to employ someone who is educated to degree level in a building construction management or surveying related subject and has a proven track record in the management of the delivery of small, medium and large projects of varying budgets.
You will be required to manage the relationships with key stakeholders, third parties and end-users to ensure a client-led, financially robust approach, whilst managing the commissioning and handover of new or refurbished buildings or spaces within, therefore highly developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Assume responsibility for project delivery and procurement of construction and other related services.
- Plan and manage the commissioning, both technical and operational, of the new building.
- Interface with and co-ordinate the activities of internal and external stakeholders.
The Project Manager will have:
- Experience of leading profession teams from the client-side perspective.
- Good technical understanding of construction especially relating to building services, infrastructure and utilities, construction logistics CDM and other statutory compliance functions.
- Strong stakeholder management experience including benefits realisation management.
- Experience of initiating and delivering a Soft Landings approach.
- Experience of operation at a project and executive board level.
- Prince2 qualified and a member of an appropriate professional body; ROCS, CIOB, APM.
- Good programme and project governance experience.
- Sufficient gravitas and resilience to undertake a high-profile role in a complex and demanding environment.
- Effective communication and report writing skills.
The Project Manager will interface on a regular basis with:
- Project Sponsor/s
- Project Board
- Estates and Facilities Project Team
- Governance Team
- Local Authority Planning department
- The multidisciplinary professional design team
- Principal Contractor
- Directory appointed client contractors