£45,000 - £55,000 Per Annum Including Bonus
Financial services business require a BA who has good experience of developing successful relationships with third party clients and suppliers. Along with internal stakeholders there will be extensive interface with all internal business areas especially Business Origination, MIS, Operations, Legal, IT, Risk and Compliance.
Overall Purpose of Job
Business Analyst will work closely with Clients, Business representatives and IT specialists, providing key analytical support, advice and expertise to business needs and requirements are understood, documented, delivered and tested in order that loan migration, technology, process and organisational changes can be deployed and supported effectively.
Work directly with Project Managers to plan project deliverables and work packages. Responsible for planning, stakeholder engagement, requirements elicitation activities, analysis and producing documentation to enable expeditious project delivery.
Assume a key role within the organisation, applying skills and knowledge to manage and drive complex change programmes.
- Plan, prepare for and facilitate requirement elicitation activities at all levels and provide relevant and validated requirements that are fit for purpose for all stakeholders.
- Educate stakeholders in methodologies and analysis practises to enable understanding, information flow and collaborative project and change delivery.
- Undertake Impact Assessments to identify operational and technical gaps in operating processes, functionality and operating models
- Gap Analysis and Current State Assessments (Benchmarking as required) to drive requirements definition for projects and programmes.
- Input to the production of business cases to allow the business to evaluate and understand the expected benefits of new initiatives, which will help to drive project priorities
- Consulting, working with and supporting the IT Team during system functional specification, design and construction processes – effectively representing the business user, ensuring requirements are met.
- Providing input into User Acceptance and Operational Acceptance Testing, working with the SMEs to educate and prepare end users for UAT cycles.
- Ability to produce UAT scenarios and scripts from signed off Business Requirements and Solution documentation.
- Ability to produce traceability matrices and pragmatically manage inconsistencies between requirements and solution.
- Providing input into definition of training requirements and liaising with operations and L&D to prepare training plans and materials, including communications.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role, within a mortgage lending or other financial institution or significant demonstrable experience in complex environments.
- Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation.
- Experience of managing 3rd party relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Understanding of IT systems and applications.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience in mortgage lending and securitisation preferred.
- Previous client or customer relationship management would be preferential.
Candidates will be effective at:
- Logical and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrating an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Planning, prioritising and demonstrating time management skills.
- Communicating with and managing expectations of key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Coordination of relevant business areas and 3rd parties.
- Coordinating and prioritising activities, on time and on budget, to the mutual satisfaction of the organisation and client.
- Creating action through influencing skills and change management.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, tenacious and resilient.
- Self-motivated, requiring little support.
- Managing workload to tight and often conflicting deadlines.
- Experience in a financial services related industry.
- Degree or International Diploma in Business Analysis preferred (if not already held, must be working towards the diploma)