Senior Project ManagerJG331
Senior Project Manager
As our Senior Project Manager you will be working with our client supporting their Academy Manager & Training Events Project Manager by project managing all our projects.
You will work in partnership to implement the non-technical Academy strategy and deliver to our Service Level Agreement and budget.
You will ensure the relationship continues to grow between ourselves and Mazda by the effective delivery of projects to the client’s satisfaction.
Providing strong Project Management and excellent customer service to meet the needs of all stakeholders (both internal and external).
Project Initiation and Planning
- Working closely with client to define project scope, goals and deliverables. This includes writing comprehensive briefs that meet and exceed stakeholder expectations where required. Deliverable: Project Initiation Document
- Developing and maintaining accessible project plans to track progress which clearly set out dependencies, milestones, resources and deliverables for each stage of the project. Deliverable: Microsoft Project Plan
- Working closely with clients and internal stakeholders to define appropriate controls, KPIs and ROI for each project
- Planning and coordinating human and physical resources in an efficient manner while keeping track of workloads and capacity to maintain a motivated team
- Day to Day Project Management and Control
- Taking responsibility for the day to day relationship management and engagement of key stakeholders. Acting as the central point of contact for all stakeholders across multiple projects
- Managing and leading the Project Team by communicating effectively, providing clear briefs and plans, identifying key priorities, providing relevant feedback and resolving challenges
- Defining and overseeing management of the User Acceptance Testing programme where applicable
- Monitoring project progress, profitability and performance in line with the project plan. Ensuring each one is completed on time, within budget and to EDI standards
- Demonstrating financial responsibility and accountability through effective sales forecasting and budget management. Deliverable: Budget Sheet & Sales Projections
- Implementation and use of appropriate controls to manage change in project scope, schedule and costs, escalating issues to the relevant stakeholders where necessary Deliverable: Change Log
- Implementation and use of appropriate tools to record and highlight project risk, along with measures to minimise, escalating to the relevant stakeholders where necessary Deliverable: Risk and Issues Log
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Constant monitoring and reporting on the progress and status of the project to all stakeholders
- Presenting project evaluations, assessment of results and other agreed ROI
- Conducting thorough project reviews to ensure deliverables and objectives have been met, and presenting a full project close document detailing lessons learned Deliverable: Project Close
- Support the development of the Academy Strategy through the organisation of the research and development required for new programmes though our wider team
- Owning and maintaining the development planner ensuring it is up to date and reflecting progress, keeping the Mazda Academy Manager/Training Event Project Manager up to date
- Ensuring the budget tracker is accurate and up to date, flagging any queries with our Account Director and Mazda Academy Manager/Training Event Project Manager
- Providing ad hoc project management for other academy projects that require our support
- Ensuring the Mazda Academy App technical maintenance and support structure is maintained
- Managing and maintaining the Academy Projects Asset Library
- Providing ad-hoc support on Training Event Project Manager’s non working days
- Reporting lines and support
Reporting to the Operations Director, and from a client perspective the Mazda Academy Manager &/or the Training Event Project Manager depending on project.
Skills and Experience
- Sound expertise of Project Management principles
- Risk Management
- Budget Management
- Knowledge and Awareness
- Client Management and Liaison
- Knowledge of the automotive sector