Senior Project ManagerJG335
Senior Project Manager
Full Time, Permanent
£70,000 - £84,000 Per Annum (Inc car allowance & bonus)
Overall Purpose of Job
Effectively lead, manage and control the Group Change Portfolio ensuring delivery of high quality projects/programmes, whilst ensuring a clear strategic vision for the Group Change function.
Work collaboratively with other change functions in understanding and managing resource to support effective delivery of group projects.
Manage delivery to agreed business plans within cost, quality and timescales objectives, enabling business to realise benefits.
Ensure adherence to group change policy and project management control framework required for the effective initiation, delivery and closure of each project in line with the Group Change Methodology and other relevant Group Policies – e.g. Group Testing and related policies.
- Direct and lead the delivery of Group projects/programmes, including pragmatic application of project / programme methodologies and robust financial and risk management
- Support Project Managers in continuously evaluating Group programmes / projects for financial risk, people risk and regulatory compliance and take appropriate steps to mitigate such risks, helping to identify where cross function impact and collaboration will be required.Support Project Managers and Business Analysts to proactively manage changes in project/programme scope using agreed change control process as defined in project documentation.
- Ensure compliance to all group project standards and processes and participate in the development of such to ensure they remain aligned to the business need, including identifying best practice.
- Engage with Group senior management team to influence strategic direction of servicing projects/programme to meet business goals.
- Support the management / delivery of the Group change programme through establishing effective relationships with key stakeholders within the function and across the business including chairing the Servicing Change Advisory Board.
- Contribute to the broader Group agenda and delivery, using knowledge, insight and experience to develop the Organisation’s capability and performance.
- Provide team leadership to Group change professionals including support of such individuals through challenging objectives, feedback, development and coaching.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Excellent programme management experience.
- Commercial acumen and able to demonstrate delivery of complex operational projects taking into account size and scale of change to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery
- Demonstrable ability to influence stakeholders and peers and hold to commitments.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and support the needs of an ambitious business agenda.
- Ability to influence and advise Head of Group Change to ensure effective prioritisation enabling timely delivery of key outcomes.
Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for decision making and problem-solving. Takes appropriate and considered decisions at times when there are many unknowns.
Experience of working in a regulated environment desirable.
Lean six sigma or equivalent experience in business process improvement techniques desirable
Prince2 or APMP