£42,000 - £45,000 P/A
Business Analyst reporting to Project Managers, key relationships with Heads of Department, PMO governance, Product Managers and externally with stakeholders and software and services suppliers.
- Provide BA support to company business projects including key products (membership and qualifications) and supporting systems as defined in the portfolio of projects and road map
- Manage business and data analysis aspects of all projects ranging from simple internal business change to complex, whole business encompassing projects
- Working closely with business department users to facilitate, document and interpret business processes, business and functional requirements, translate these into application and operational requirements and communicate these to internal and external suppliers
- Build business cases and support full project delivery lifecycle
- Model business structures, systems and processes in light of proposed changes
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Mentoring and ensuring best practice development in gathering, analysis and delivery of business and technology requirements including standardisation through templates and consistent repetitive process.
- Contribute to and follow the Project Life Cycle methodology and governance processes
- Drive and support business users to follow good governance practice such as regular review of issues, risks and dependencies
Breadth of responsibility
- Collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for functional areas of the business, and translating these into specifications and detailed test plans.
- Analyse and document business processes using techniques such as facilitating workshops to complete process mapping and definition and gathering business and functional requirements
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from users on the specifications (business and functional requirements documents, business proposal and papers, functional and program specifications, business cases, process mapping documents, request for supplier proposals).
- Support the project manager to manage external supplier selection and evaluation processes
- To provide the link between the end users, development team and any third party, throughout the development lifecycle.
- To design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts and support the business in conducting adequate regression and user acceptance testing.
- Essential Degree or equivalent professional qualification/status such as MBCS CITP
- At least 3 and preferably 5+ years’ experience working as a Business Analyst
- Coaching business users to support production of Business requirements, business cases and process documents.
- Delivery in a complex project environment with enterprise analysis experience.
- Whole lifecycle business change process management from concept to implementation and review.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business change.
- Demonstrable experience developing processes and requirements for a package and systems integration implementations.
- Business process modelling experience
- A proven track record in implementing application software packages in a complex services organisation.
- Excellent communications skills both written (focused and clear) and presentation (including experience of facilitating workshops)
- Management reporting covering performance, delivery and project aspects of the role.
- Experience with user story mapping techniques to focus on user value
- Customer experience journey mapping (CXJM)
- Exposure to CRM system and web front end solutions processing systems.
- Awareness of membership and qualification organisation products and processes
- Knowledge of end to end business functions such as customer services, product development, finance, HR and IT)
- Advanced and proficient use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and basic use of MS Project