Project Manager FTCJG359
Project Manager FTC
Contract, Full Time
£34,750 - £37,500 Per Annum
FTC can be based in London or Chesterfield up to 6 months
Our Charity client are fundraisers, programme managers, volunteers, administrators, editors and accountants all doing everything they can to push back against arthritis.
Together, we’ll continue to develop breakthrough treatments, campaign relentlessly for arthritis to be seen as a priority and support each other whenever we need it. Together, we’re making real progress.
But there’s still a long way to go, and we won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis
The next few years represent a unique opportunity for the charity to do more, more effectively, to positively impact on the lives of people with arthritis across the UK. This role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to work with us in aiding our transformation.
Main purpose of the role
This role sits in the Transformation Directorate and you will be deployed to manage different projects aiding our transformation into a bigger, better, different charity.
You will be able to confidently manage the life cycle of a project and bring much needed and flexible project management and relationship management skills, working in partnership with colleagues across the charity.
This role is being established during a period of accelerated change and is a challenging but exciting opportunity to be involved in high impact, transformational projects and programmes across in the new charity.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, resource and implement the delivery of a range of high quality, prioritised and impactful projects
- Effectively work with stakeholders and governance / reporting arrangements.
- Exhibit and promote excellence in project management and collaborative work.
- Ensure effective financial planning and control for projects.
- Deliver against organisational and project specific objectives, achieve quality outcomes, prioritising and managing workload whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ensure that any data used is fit for purpose. When processing data, ensure that it is of high quality and that any personal data is used in compliance with GDPR arrangements. Where any faulty data is observed it is highlighted in accordance with the relevant policy.
Knowledge, skills and experience: key requirements
- At least 2 years of experience and knowledge of successfully initiating, planning, executing, closing and reviewing benefits of large, complex and long-term projects in a project management role.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders to develop an agreed, effective and measurable project plan.
- Strong analytical skills; and experience of monitoring the implementation phase performance of the key major project management variables.
- Experience of project governance arrangements and strong reporting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to work in partnership with people at all levels, demonstrating strong skills in constructive challenge, facilitation, collaboration, networking and influencing
Ability to recognise and articulate problems, and to develop solution options and recommendations.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to balance and independently manage workload that includes multiple concurrent priorities.
- Advanced MS Office skills including experience of MS Project
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach: able to work closely and adaptively with the immediate team and collaboratively across the entire organisation.
- Highly effective listening, verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with good attention to detail. Proactive and conscientious person with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and stay calm under pressure. Self-motivated, able to set and deliver to deadlines. High levels of problem-solving, innovation and creativity.
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- Strong team player and collaborative style, positive with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An interest in improving the lives of people with arthritis and the willingness to gain knowledge of arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Working knowledge of theories of change and/or other strategic tools to enable identification of outcomes and activities
- Prince2 practitioner level, or equivalent
- Able to work flexibly in terms of hours and travel