£40,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Our client is the premium provider of learning and development programmes in the UK automotive sector.
The learning and development team is comprised of employed and associate members involved in the design and delivery of high energy, leading edge, innovative solutions for clients within key solution areas.
They are seeking a full-time learning and development professional with extensive experience of training and facilitation of soft skills.
This role will be directly working with the Client Academy. The Academy are an outsourced solution offering learning and development services to the company in the UK and their dealer network.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their competence in a variety of training settings be that face to face or in a virtual classroom environment and a passion for helping people develop their skills and fulfil their potential.
This role will be home based; however it will involve travel within the UK and the majority of the working week will be delivering training in the Client Academy in Dartford.
The focus of the role is to:
- Delivery of face to face training to Sales and Service Advisors as well as Managers
- Be able to deliver in a Virtual Classroom environment
- Utilise facilitation skills to engender a positive learning experience
- Be able to use coaching skills to further embed learning with individuals
- Achieve targets for the client feedback on learning and development events
- Analyse and report return on investment information for all stages of learning and development evaluation
- Where appropriate, input into the design of training programmes to company quality standards and to reflect our high quality, premium brand.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Establish and develop productive working relationships with all client contacts (including delegates / participants, promoting a positive image of the company and the client)
- Establish and develop productive working relationships with Academy team members and the wider learning and development team (internal and external)
- Update Academy team members and Client Academy Manager with feedback and results from training events, ensuring business and learning targets are achieved
- Provide regular feedback to the client Academy Manager regarding the progress and impact of learning development solutions
- Share new ideas and information with other members of the team, promoting an environment of continual improvement and support
Key skills and experience required:
- 5 years + experience of face to face soft skills training delivery to a variety of participant skill level
- Extensive experience of soft skills facilitation and an understanding of behavioural psychology
- Has a dynamic and energetic training delivery style that is compelling and credible
- Flexes training style to draw out from participants their potential inducing confidence and co-operation
- Experience of delivering training in a corporate working environment
- Understands the needs of stakeholders within the corporate sector
- Has worked in the Automotive industry delivering training
- Understands the client – supplier dynamic
- Can articulate and evidence what the client-supplier dynamic is and how to overcome challenges
- Experience of coaching at different job levels within an organisation
- Fluent in different coaching techniques
Can evidence active interest in self-development
- Has formal training delivery qualifications
- Understands organisational culture and is able to articulate the key components
- Has worked in organisations undergoing culture change
Understands what is required to work collaboratively across different teams and knows how to navigate different needs of those teams
- Has had line management responsibilities and understands how and when to influence and negotiate
Can think on their feet and can adjust training delivery to meet the needs of the audience giving the participants confidence in applying the learning
- Significant experience of re-framing thoughts/ theories and business priorities in the training environment that enable delegates to fully understand the ‘why’ and the ‘how’
- Is able to challenge the status quo in the training room supportively and effectively
- Has demonstrable skill in managing challenging behaviours in the training environment
- Is resilient and can demonstrate how they would manage significant nights away from home and a high volume of travel
- Articulates how they create a work/ life balance