PMO, Project Management
£40,000 Per Annum
Well-known Charity requires a Portfolio Analyst, the role is being established during a period of accelerated change and is a challenging but exciting opportunity to be involved in high impact transformational portfolio, project & programme activity at the charity.
Main purpose of the role
The role will sit in their central projects & programmes ‘home team’ made up of deployable programme & project managers and officers.
The Portfolio Analyst will play an integral role contributing to the resource and activity planning across our portfolio of priority projects & programmes of work. You will map and monitor interdependencies, and lead on the maintenance & adherence of their project management minimum standards and processes. The person will be familiar with the end-to-end project lifecycle and adept at project co-ordination, working with colleagues at different levels of seniority.
The person will also contribute to the ongoing development and continuous improvement of how projects & programmes are managed across the charity.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Map, track and monitor a varied portfolio of projects to assess project development with this information being available and accessible to colleagues to inform planning & delivery across the portfolio and work that sits outside the portfolio.
- Provide project management support and analysis across the portfolio of projects (inter/dependencies, risks, trends) maintaining key portfolio documents and communicating to stakeholders.
- Ensure effective planning and control for projects including reporting, scheduling and financial estimating.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, stakeholders and sponsors to ensure the effective delivery and completion of projects in line with our agreed minimum standards & project lifecycle.
- Play a key role in the development of project management governance and processes.
- Provide advice and guidance on project management approaches, standards and best practice to colleagues across the charity. Exhibit and promote excellence in project management and collaborative work.
- Develop and produce clear and effective project management reports in line with agreed timeframes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a project/programme management analytical role as part of a complex and changing organisation. App/ Int/ Test
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies with the ability to use theory to provide practical and effective coordination of projects. App/ Int/ Test
- The ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels to understand requirements and to inspire others to work within our project management frameworks. App/ Int
- Analytical skills with the ability to delve into detail alongside seeing the bigger picture. App/ Int
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities. Int
- Strong demonstrable organisation and planning skills with strong attention to detail. Int
- The ability to manage multiple work streams and priorities App/ Int
- Competent and confident in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and SharePoint. App/ Int/ Test
- Working knowledge of theories of change and/or other strategic tools to enable identification of outcomes and activities App
- Prince2 practitioner level, or equivalent App
- Knowledge/experience of using specialist analytical software App
- An understanding of the voluntary sector App