Full Time, Permanent
£40,000 Per Annum
We require a BA who wants to step up to Project Manager with experience of IT Software/technical software development to work for one of the world’s most innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies.
They are expanding their Technical Operations department with a growing team of insourced and outsourced development associates, to deliver an ambitious programme of technology solutions and best practice standards, improving internal business applications, customer solutions and infrastructure. There are exciting times ahead here and they would like you to be part of it. As their company grows and develops into new sectors, they require a top grade person to help us fulfil their mission of developing a world-class centre of technical excellence in the utility sector here in Swindon.
We are currently looking to recruit a hybrid Business Analyst – Project Manager to play a leading role in the successful delivery of IT and software development projects spanning our business applications, customer software solutions and infrastructure. Acting has a hybrid, Business Analyst/Project Manager, and reporting the Head of Technical Operations, you will analyse projects and requirements, working with the supporting technical resources to plan solutions, working with Azure DevOps to define and manage the tasks and workload across the available resources through to delivery. This hybrid role is multi-disciplined, encompassing requirements analysis, process mapping, project planning, workload management, stakeholder communication and some solution testing, working towards achievement of our technical road-map across the business units.
- From the initial project documentation, model business processes AS-IS / TO-BE, evaluate requirements analysis and solution designs with supporting technical resources, plan detailed project tasks in Azure DevOps and manage the workload of the project tasks across the in sourced / outsourced resources to delivery
- Management of designs, documents and services
- Management of process improvements
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken to reduce and correct risks, errors or slippage
- Prepare, maintain and communicate project programmes to ensure that delivery timescales can be achieved – or any delay properly reflected
- Communicate project objectives, scope, timescales, risks, standards, plans and designs to all project members, and maintain project team understanding.
- Ensure that reviews and approvals are sought and completed at the appropriate stages, where required and tests including regression tests are planned and carried out on all deliverables
- Management of relationships with outsource development resources
- Support the test planning and quality management for technical projects
- Support the Head of Technical Operations in roadmap & capacity planning
- BSc Hons Degree or equivalent
- Agile Foundation or Practitioner
- Prince2 Foundation or Practitioner
- APMP Fundamentals or Management
Work Experience & Skills
- 4+ years’ experience working as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in a technical software development centric team
- Business analyse and project management from high level specifications, process models AS-IS to TO-BE, through to detailed tasks and workload management through to delivery
- Strong knowledge and experience of process mapping using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Have experience facilitating workshops with project stakeholders.
- Solid experience communicating and influencing at all levels
- Experience of working with AGILE / SCRUM techniques and processes
- Experience of working with Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Experience of managing projects involving SQL databases, Access databases, web applications with CMS, Sharepoint, Office365, infrastructure upgrades
- Experience of working with Azure/AWS cloud platforms
- Basic T-SQL skills
- Azure DevOps
- MS Office products
- Process modelling software e.g. LucidCharts / Visio
- Basic T-SQL
- Other issue management systems e.g. JIRA
- Agile/Scrum sprint management
- Microsoft Project / Gantt Project / SmartSheet
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- A passion for technical excellence within your discipline
- Inquisitive, detail orientated, able to filter the right information and be solution focused.
- Apply technical knowledge in a variety of different business areas
- Adherence to best practices and high quality standards
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to work with a moderate level of supervision
- Exceptional team working skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A systematic logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and project needs
- The ability to think innovatively
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- An understanding of the water industry, the environment and the concept of environmental modelling would be an advantage.
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links