Full Time, Permanent
Programme Management, Project Management
£60,000 - £80,000 Per Annum
Our client is a successful growing software company, providing a range of critical software and digital services to hundreds of customers in UK, Ireland and US – this is an excellent opportunity for a delivery focused individual to join their team.
You will be an experienced delivery manager with drive, motivation and ambition; who wants to join a team where you can make a significant contribution. The ‘day job’ is rising to the challenge of project managing implementations of software solutions for varied customers in both public and private sectors and of all sizes from 100 employees to 40,000 or more.
Your in-depth delivery knowledge, experience and skills will be key to ensuring their projects are delivered to time, quality and cost and meet the needs of the end customer. You will use your strong communication and inter-personal skills to ensure customer relationships are expertly managed during projects.
You will scope, plan, manage and ensure delivery of our projects. You will work with Product Owners to prioritise scope and sit with the technical delivery teams to provide estimates on story points. Our team works within an Agile way, so you’ll attend and participate in all the agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
You will be working alongside other members of the Team including Product Managers, Solution Architects, Delivery Managers, Test Manager, Deployment Managers, Service Manager and customers. You’ll also be responsible for managing the project inputs required from our partners and suppliers.
They are looking for you to build on the capabilities and processes already in place, bringing your experience of good practise and great ways of working to continuously improve our delivery capability.
- Project Manage implementations of predominantly SaaS based configurable software solutions for external customers
- Work on several projects for different customers at the same time
- Adapt to an internal project methodology using your expertise in AGILE, SCRUM and PRINCE2 methodologies
- Matrix manage project resources including implementation and analysts, developers, testers, technical operations engineers and trainers
- Ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of solutions through strong project management, control of scope, deadlines, risks and budget
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels including senior management within customer companies
- At least 10 years’ experience in project roles, with a direct responsibility for delivery of software development projects. and demonstrate experience of completing projects end to end
- Expertise in Agile and Digital ways of working,
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with a certain degree of ambiguity and flex
- Ability think analytically and strategically, and to understand the bigger picture. There will be lots of occasions where you’ll need to make decisions and drive things forward. You’ll need strong analysis skills and the ability to think things through clearly and logically (and to explain your reasoning so that you take people with you). You’ll also need to be able to focus on both the details and big issues, be comfortable zooming in and out between the two.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You’ll need to build effective strategic and working relationships with a wide range of different partners, organisations and colleagues
- Ability to provide leadership. You’ll need to provide direction, manage decision making and resolve conflicts; particularly through ambiguity and change
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will need to explain complex concepts and ideas clearly to people who are not technical experts, so you’ll need to be good at connecting with people and ‘speaking their language’.
- You’ll need to be able to build people’s trust and confidence in you, from the start. This will likely come from a combination of in-depth knowledge and understanding of your space – plus your ability to get your point across in a way that is clear and compelling, so that you can ‘hold the room’.
- Provide oversight of workstream leads and delivery of key contractual milestones. Key escalation point for subject matter experts and workstream leads to maintain focus on programme delivery.
- Understanding of project financials. Manage the budget and forecast for the programme
Essential Technical Skills
- Experience and recognised certification of a variety of programme and project methodologies including PRINCE2, AGILE and SCRUM)
- Expertise in standard project management software, such as MS Project & Visio.
- Experience of working within software development life cycles (SDLC)
- Some experience of working in a relevant IT role such as a Software development or Technical Operations Engineer
- Experience of delivering projects in public sector
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Interested in understanding business problems and empathetic to customers
- Highly organised and self-managing
- Good team player: able to work effectively as part of a team, both local and virtual
- Calm under pressure, able to deliver to deadlines, and good at problem-solving